Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Toilet Paper Tube Music Amplifier


 

Good iPhone speakers can be expensive purchases. What do you do if you need bump up the bass and impress your lady friends when you don’t have the time or money to go buy one? Simple, all you need is one toilet paper roll, four push pins, an iPhone and some killer beats.
Or at least, that’s what the internet says. So, I figured I would test this life hack out to see if really works.

First off, I headed to my bathroom, unrolled all my toilet paper, and brought the toilet paper roll over to the “lab.” I thought it would be easy enough to find some push pins laying around, but I ended up buy a pack from Walmart. I can never find pins when I need them. Next, I cut an iPhone shaped hole in the side of my toilet paper roll. The hole was about 1 mm in length and 5 ½ mm in width.

After that I inserted the phone vertically into the slot and gave it a listen.


Yeah, this life hack is pretty much a fail. Maybe the music was slightly louder, but the sound increase was not substantial enough for me to approve this life hack. Plus, the very small increase in sound probably isn’t worth the massive decrease in your social status when people see your phone sticking out of a toilet paper roll. It just looks kind of sad.


My recommendation would be to buy a real speaker for your music. Even though cheapest Bluetooth speakers available online are better than this atrocity. I suggest a Canz Bluetooth speaker. These things sound great and are only $20. I have one and I really like it. This isn’t sponsored or anything, I just didn’t want to leave you with nothing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment